I love spring, but I don’t like the friends it brings with it – pollen and molds. Personally, I like to be able to actually enjoy spring, and not just in between sneezing fits and squinting through itchy/watery eyes.
Thankfully, I recently discovered a very effective trio that has been my BFF this spring.
My BFF is affectionately known as the LLP.
The LLP is a combination of Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint essential oils.
Lavender – natural antihistamine and anti-inflammatory
Lemon - anti-inflammatory
Peppermint – analgesic and anti-inflammatory and relieves nasal congestion
I also add a secret weapon to my LLP – Copaiba essential oil.
Not only is Copaiba anti-inflammatory, but it is also a magnifying oil, so it enhances the effects of other essential oils. It will make your LLP much more powerful and effective!
When allergies are giving me problems, these are some of the things we do:
- Diffuse 3 drops each of Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint essential oil in a cold-mist diffuser (I try to do this at least once per day).
- Apply 1 drop each of Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, and Copaiba essential oil, mixed with a carrier oil (coconut, grapeseed, etc.), to the back of the neck, behind the ears, and/or on the bottoms of the feet, as often as needed. (I mix up a homemade roll-on for convenience, recipe below.)
- Dip a cotton swab into a mixture of one drop of Lavender essential oil and one drop of carrier oil, swab just inside the nose.
- When allergies are at their worst, rub R.C., Breathe Again, or Eucalyptus essential oil on either side of my nose (staying as far away from the eyes as possible).
- Take a daily probiotic, like Young Living’s Life5 probiotic, to promote gut health which will help with seasonal allergies (my allergies have improved immensely since I began making gut health a bigger priority).
For your convenience, here is my homemade allergy relief roll-on recipe.
25 drops Lavender Essential Oil
25 drops Lemon Essential Oil
25 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
25 drops Copaiba Essential Oil
Carrier oil (almond oil, jojoba oil, avocado oil, etc.)
10-mL glass roll-on bottle
Add the essential oils to a 10-mL glass roll-on bottle (you want to use amber or frosted blue, not clear). Fill the rest of the way with your carrier oil and gently shake to combine.
Wondering how to purchase these essential oils? Click here for details!
*The essential oils I’m referring to here are not the oils you can purchase at the grocery store. I’m only referring to therapeutic-grade Young Living Essential Oils.